The wait for the next World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is coming to a close. With launch day on August 14th, the time has come for the pre-patch events to go live starting July 17th. The pre-patch comes with a number of changes briefly outlined in this video and on the game's official site.
Players can look forward to a number of big changes starting in 8.0 including:
- the "stat squish" - health, damage and stat numbers have been reduced across the board for NPCs and players
- artifact traits will no longer be active
- significant changes to professions - each expansion's recipes are in their own category with their own progression. You don't have to level through old recipes
- First Aid is removed
- War Mode PvP will be activated in the pre-patch
- new story content will be added over the weeks until the expansion launches
Check out the World of Warcraft site for more information.