World of Warcraft - Tides of Vengeance is the Next Chapter in the BfA Story
The latest World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth developer live stream is underway and we've got the biggest news straight out the gate. It appears that things are about to get shaken up.
What's next in BfA content-wise? Let's find out:
- Tides of Vengeance is the title of the new content upgrade where the Alliance goes on the offensive
- the war campaign will continue where both sides try to undermine the opposition
- Incursions are similar to demon invasions where players head into various locations to take on new experiences
- new world quests will be added with better variety and depth
- existing storylines will continue: Saurfang, Tyrande and Vol'Jin
- Heritage Armor has been a reward for allied races. New Heritage Armors will be added for ALL races! Dwarves and Blood Elves are first -- no rep grind, just exalted status with a player's capital city (at max level). These are unlocked during a special quest line.
- Battle for Darkshore - Night Elves vs Forsaken where Nelves are trying to take back their traditional lands. The Alliance will attack first.
- Two new islands - Jorundall (Vrykul themed) and Havenwood (an abandoned Gilnean city) - these will come with new mechanics (control points, hold-out, etc.) to make the island more dynamic.
- Systems updates - island spawning improvements incoming.
- Siege of Zuldazar raid will open up - it's different than any other raid previous to now. In this raid, if the foe is the opposite faction. Two experiences - one for Horde, one for Alliance. Alliance is a preemptive attack on the Zandalari fleet. Horde players will fight through Alliance attackers that culminates in a battle against Jaina herself on the high seas.
- Players will be able to experience both sides of the story by speaking to NPCs that retell the story and fight 3 bosses on the other side that weren't in your raid.
- Crucible of Storms raid will open a bit later. It's a 2-boss raid in Stormsong Valley that hints at dark secrets. It is similar to Trial of Valor. It will feature supporting world content and invasions that are naga-themed.
- Systems Updates to classes, Azerite traits, new profession recipes, Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon and reputations (Champions of Azeroth!).
- Faction-based transmog items will be unlocked account-wide on hitting exalted
- All reputations will be added together across account
- Kul Tiran and Zandalari are almost ready to be unlocked - probably after the raids where the bonding becomes complete with each faction. No new reputation to be gained either.
Tides of Vengeance will be on PTR by the end of this week.