Let the Datamining Begin: Rise of Azshara 8.2 Arrives on World of Warcraft PTR
The World of Warcraft PTR has been updated to bring v8.2 Rise of Azshara online for testing purposes. Of course, this means that datamining has already commenced, with both WoWhead and MMO-Champion in the race to get out story and gameplay elements. If you don't mind heavy spoilers, you'll definitely want to head over to both sites to learn more about the fate of Baine Bloodhoof and much more.
Some of the things you can find out are:
- who helps Baine escape prison
- datamined mounts
- achievements and map names
- clubs, factions, titles
From the WoW forums:
- Now Available for Testing
- Heart of Azeroth system update: introducing Essences
- New Zone: Mechagon
- New Arena: The Robodrome
- Mount Equipment
- Crestfall and Snowblossom Island Expeditions
- Ashran Epic Battleground
Our initial testing will be primarily technical, so some Rise of Azshara features will be locked/unavailable for the first few days while we work on initial concerns with the above content. Please note that Ashran may not easily complete a queue in the PTR.
Heroic Battle for Stromgarde
New Zone: Nazjatar
- Explore the new zone including quest lines, World Quests, and World PvP Events focused on strengthening alliances with the new aquatic races
New Profession Recipes
New Raid-- Azshara’s Eternal Palace
- As always, we’ll coordinate the testing of this new raid’s encounters via scheduled announcements.
New Dungeon-- Operation: Mechagon
Pet Battle Dungeon: Stratholme
Direhorn Training quests
Updates to Brewfest
We plan to do a wipe of all characters in a few weeks after getting focused feedback on the Heart of Azeroth Essences. This will allow us to test the feel and pacing of obtaining them all naturally. We’ll give you a heads up on that character wipe here in this forum.
Head to the links above if you're ready for spoilerific fun.