World of Warcraft Overview
World of Warcraft is one of the premier subscription MMORPGs, and has helped spread the entire genre into mass markets across the globe. Players enter the world of Azeroth, a fantasy realm of swords and sorcery, exotic races, mystical creatures, world turmoil, high adventure, and war. Created by Blizzard Entertainment, and based on the Warcraft series of RTS games first released in the mid 1990s, WoW expanded on the early Warcraft single player franchise and is now a vibrant multiplayer world, where players may engage in roleplaying, PvE, PvP, dungeon instances, battlegrounds, arenas, and raids. WoW has received five different expansions so far, including The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor, Legion and Battle for Azeroth that launches in August 2018.
Azeroth paid a terrible price to end the apocalyptic march of the Legion's crusade -- but even as the world's wounds are tended, it is the shattered trust between the Alliance and Horde that may prove hardest to mend. As this age-old conflict reignites, join your allies and champion your faction's cause -- Azeroth's future will be forged in the fires of war.
- Massively Multiplayer & Online | Join thousands of other players online at any given moment, creating a world that’s full of life and action.
- Roleplaying | Take a race, a class, and a set of skills, and mold them into a personality that transcends the games’ mechanics.
- Warcraft Universe | Enter into a world with a legacy of more than fifteen years of epic storytelling.
- Persistent Online Personae | Create up to fifty characters who grow with each game session. As characters advance in level, so do their skills, weapons, armor, equipment, locations discovered, monsters defeated, NPCs met, quests completed, and adventures had, all with no worry of ever reaching ‘the end’.
- Magic, Mystery, and Adventure | At the core, WoW is about obtaining and completing quests, of which there is no shortage to be found. NPC quest givers may be found throughout Azeroth, from busy city streets, to dungeons, battlegrounds, raid locations, to out in the open world.
FACTIONS & RACES
- Horde | Once they were the ‘bad guys’ in the Warcraft RTS games; now they are a powerful faction made up of the Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elf, and Goblin races, along with the Pandaren who choose to join them.
- Alliance | The Grand Alliance faction is set to bring the Light to the less civilized races of Azeroth, and have gathered the Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, and Worgen under their banner, along with the Pandaren who choose to join them.
- Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Demon Hunter
- Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Engineering, Herbalism, Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, Mining, Skinning, Tailoring.
- Archaeology, Cooking, Fishing.