Take Warframe on the Go Thanks to Its Arrival on Switch
Warframe has officially made the jump to portable gaming thanks to today's release for Nintendo Switch. To celebrate the big day, Digital Extremes has a package of goodies worthy of the holiday season. Players who download Warfram and install the Comms Segment of Vor's Prize tutorial quest can bring home a 3-day Affinity Booster, Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, Forma and 50k Credits.
Key Features of the Nintendo Switch version of Warframe include:
- Free!: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.
- Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.
- Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years' of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.
- All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update -- updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear -- are included at Nintendo Switch launch.
- The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Nova Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.
- Post-Launch Content: Warframe is a games-as-a-service title constantly offering regular free updates.
- The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon.
- Garuda, the 37th Warframe, will arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna update.
- Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).
- Controllers: Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic both Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking!
- Motion Controls: Motion control functionality is available at launch. All controls – mining, shooting, fishing, etc. – are motion control enabled.
- Chat: Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App
- Migrating Accounts – Just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date (TBD).
- Storage – As a games-as-a-service title with five years' worth of content, players can download Warframestraight to their system. We recommend a 32 or 64 GB SD card, as we plan to bring more content in the future.
Check out the Warframe site to learn more.