Wakfu is an anime-styled MMORPG from Ankama Games set 1,000 years after the era of the game's predecessor, Dofus, at a time when Ogrest’s Chaos has brought the World of Twelve to ruins. Players create heroes full of hope to cure the world, and hopefully master Wakfu, the primordial energy of the universe. Wakfu is a tactical RPG, with a job system and creatures to fight, and with an emphasis on an open, player-driven world, lending a sandbox feel to the game. The game's entire economy is player-controlled, and there are skills to raise and semi-random challenges that pop up for players to take on after certain conditions are met.
- 13 Unique Classes | Sacrier’s Blood, Iop’s Heart, Cra’s Range, Eniripsa’s Hands, Pandawa’s Pint, Enutrof’s Fingers, Sadida’s Shoe, The Rogue Ruse, Feca’s Shield, Sram’s Shadow, Ecaflip’s Coin, Xelor’s Sandglass, Osamodas’ Whip, Masqueraider and Eliatrope.
- Turn-based Tactical Combat | 30 second turns, positioning and movement bonuses, and death consequences make strategy very important.
- 14 Professions | Farmers, Herbalists, Lumberjacks, Trappers, Miners, Fishermen, Bakers, Chefs, Weapon Masters, Armorers, Jewelers, Tailors, Leather Dealers, Handymen.
- Politics | Earn Citizen Points and complete quests to become Guard, Soldier, and even Governor.
- Ecosystem | Players may control the ecosystem, by controlling the monsters, plants, and weather in each territory.