Z1 Battle Royale, the game formerly known as H1Z1 Battle Royale, has been updated with a massive patch that features tons of new content, marks the start of the first new season since late 2018 and "represents the first big delivery on the promise that the new NantG team would bring back the game that so many of you fell in love with in the classic "King of the Kill" era around Preseason 3".
NantG has been working on updating the game since September and today's update is the first major iteration on the game since that time. In the future, developers plan to address "old weapon models, classic in-game UI elements and more". To showcase what's coming in the pipeline, a new roadmap has been published.
Here are the major points of improvement in today's patch:
- a "rebranded" UI reflecting the new Z1 Battle Royale name
- recreated a wide array of movement / animations / stances
- Combat and Gun Mechanics improvements
- Reworked world and environment
- Vehicle Mechanics have been tuned
New features include:
- new missions
- Fragment System - two types (red / blue) that either yield in game credits or a Conquest Crate
- Dailies added
- Season 3 and Ranked Pro Mode
Lastly, from May 29-31, The Showdown will restart with the Top 75 Solo players in each region taking part in a competitive battle of champions.
Read the full details on the Z1 Battle Royale Steam page.