A brand new gameplay video from Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem has been released as well as information about what testers will be able to see when logging in. Phase one of the technical beta test will kick off on October 11th, with phase 2 coming at a later date.
Other things we know about the technical test:
- multiplayer will be added
- no story content, though it will be re-added for Phase 2
- Act I will be present in its entirety (minus story)
- enemies will be scaled to the level of the player
- 5 weapon types will be present - one-handed swords, bows, mage staff, two-handed hammer, off-hand catalyst
- 3 weapon modifiers
- 3 armor types
- reworked skills
- Svriirs, "creatures of the Cult of Souls", will be added
- quest hub
- randomly generated dungeons
- crash reporter
The Wolcen KickStarter developer post also shows off some concept work from Act 2 where most of the team is currently working.
A dynamic hack’n’slash with no class restrictions. Choose your path as you level-up and play your character the way you want! Explore this shattered and corrupted world to uncover its ancient secrets and hidden truths.
Check it out at the link above.