BigBen has released a new developer diary for Warhammer: Chaosbane that lays out both endgame and post-launch plans for the game.
Once the story is completed by one character, players can create alts that will benefit from previously unlocked things such as crafting, fragments, money, etc. Also at endgame, players can take part in Expedition mode, Relic Hunt to gain access to new dungeons and Boss rush that lets player take on campaign bosses quickly.
Post launch plans include:
- Regular updates available for everyone:
- The first will add a difficulty level and new gear.
- Then a permanent death mode will be added.
- A new heroic set for each of the heroes and extra difficulty levels.
- An increase to maximum character level.
- Paid updates (included with the Season Pass):
- The first DLC will offer new emotes and a passive skill letting you increase the chances of finding heroic items.
- The following DLC will then add a passive skill letting you more easily find God fragments, as well as an alternative God skill tree for each character.
- The third DLC will contain new companions for all playable characters.
- The fourth DLC will contain an entirely new story, told through a new act, separate from the main campaign,taking place in never-before-seen environments. This time, instead of the forces of Chaos, you’ll face off against ancient undead evil in the form of the Tomb Kings.
Warhammer: Chaosbane launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on June 4th, though owners of the Magnus and Digital Deluxe editions will get a headstart on May 31st.
Learn more on the Warhammer: Chaosbane site.