The team at Larian has been hard at work reading, learning, making tweaks and changes, and now with their latest patch, Inspiration, Freedom & Pacifism, you will get to reap the benefits of the work that was done in Baldur’s Gate 3. The team definitely wants you to know that a lot of what they’ve been working on is directly from YOUR feedback.
If you’ve been playing there is some bad news, your save games will not transfer to the latest patch. More information can be found about that in the community update, but for those interested in knowing what the new patch has in store for them, here’s a quick list.
- Rewards for completing content without fighting have been added
- Companions will be nicer, and potentially more supportive
- Dialog skill check losses will lock you out of content less, if you fail the rolls
- Party jumping has been streamlined
- An additional short rest has been added to keep the exploration going longer
- Some cantrips and surfaces have been rebalanced
- UI improvements
- Cross-save is enabled
And all this is just a small part of the tremendous number of other changes ranging from balance to performance that players will see. Definitely check out the full list on the steam community site. You can read about the last patch as well as the one before it to see how far Baldur’s Gate 3 has come.