It’s Friday, July 23. And that means Path of Exile’s 3.15 expansion, Expedition, releases today on PC.
Expedition was officially revealed earlier this month on July 15 during a live stream. There, the team at Grinding Gear Games provided some additional information on some of the new additions and mechanics you can expect as part of this newest expansion.
During Expedition, you’ll join the Kalguuran expedition where you’ll be tasked with excavating relics, and possible the undead. Why are you excavating? Well it turns out you’re trying to strike a deal with new merchants at Wraeclast.
You’ll basically plant explosives in the ground and set them off to reveal whatever is hiding below. This might include undead monsters, the aforementioned relics, and more. Of course, you’ll receive rewards after bartering with the new traders introduced to Expedition.
On top of that, 19 new support and skill gems have been added. In fact, you can check out the trailer above to see some of these skills in action. Ahead of the expansion’s release today, Grinding Gear Games discussed the Item Filter and Passive Tree changes coming to Path of Exile. You can catch up on that news here along with the extensive patch notes.
For example, Pantheon Souls changes include:
- Captured Soul of Puruna, the Challenger renamed to Captured Soul of Otesha, the Giantslayer
- Captured Soul of Sumter, the Twisted renamed to Captured Soul of Nassar, Lion of the Seas
- Captured Soul of Excellis Aurafix renamed to Captured Soul of Witch of the Cauldron
- Captured Soul of Erythrophagia renamed to Captured Soul of Nightmare's Omen
- Captured Soul of Kitava, The Destroyer renamed to Captured Soul of Pesquin, the Mad Baron
- Captured Soul of Ancient Architect renamed to Captured Soul of Tunneltrap
- Captured Soul of Shock and Horror renamed to Captured Soul of The High Templar