Sea of Thieves Executive Producer Joe Neate and Design Director Mike Chapman have taken to the airwaves in the latest Inn-side Story. In this episode, the pair take viewers on a journey through upcoming plans for the game in summer 2018 and beyond.
When considering what to add to our plans, we always consider how we can make the most impact on the following:
- Bringing players together in interesting ways, encouraging different types of player encounters
- Enriching the world that players adventure in
- Giving players new ways to play
- Giving players a variety of goals and rewards
- Broadening the journey to Pirate Legend and beyond
The Hungering Deep, the game's first content update, will be released in May along with a new AI threat and event. Some new mechanics will be added and unique rewards for completing the event are incoming. In addition, some new weekly events with new mechanics will be added.
During summer, two more content updates will be released. Cursed Sails will feature a brand new ship and Forsaken Shores will open a new location in the world to explore. Each will also bring new mechanics and features too.
Check out the video above and then head to the Sea of Thieves site to read the accompanying blog.