Destiny 2 will be receiving a second major DLC in the coming months, but until now, we did not know the name. Called "Gods of Mars", the information leaked via the PlayStation Store earlier this year, though it was quickly buried, with the target release said to be "spring 2018". As the name reminds us, the action will be taking place on Mars, something that has been hinted at in game.
YouTube user "Unknown Player" discusses what he sees in the promotional image as well as clues he's discovered in game.
Destiny 2 Expansion II: Gods of Mars sends your Guardian out to Mar's Clovis Grove, a brand new destination that is host to an array of brand new missions and adventures. Work alongside the elusive Ana Bray in order to prevent Charlemagne, Matrix of Corruption from amassing an army of SIVA-enhanced weaponized frames before Mars is lost. Features:
- Explore Mars' Clovis Grove and uncover 'Charlemagne's Vault' underneath the frozen wastes
- New story missions and adventures
- New themed weapons, armor, and gear to uncover
- New cooperative activities
- New competitive multiplayer arenas
- New Frame & Nanite Enemy Faction
- And more...
Of course, this comes with the caveat that Bungie hasn't officially announced any of this information, though it seems credible. We'll see what the coming weeks bring.