During Sony's E3 press event last night, Bungie revealed a new Destiny 2 story trailer for the upcoming content expansion, Forsaken. Things look quite bleak for Cayde-6, with the opening moments strongly hinting at his death.
As with the apparent death of Cayde-6, Forsaken promises to bring a number of huge changes to the game to revitalize Destiny 2. Look for new weapon slots, a new game mode, a new area in the Reef and a darker, foreboding story.
Take justice into your own hands as you venture into a new frontier filled with enemies, allies, and untold mysteries and treasures waiting to be uncovered. The hunt is on.
The Reef has fallen to lawlessness, and now the most-wanted criminals in the galaxy - the Barons & Uldren Sov - have organized a jailbreak at the Prison of Elders. You and Cayde-6 have been sent in to bring law and order back to the embattled facility, but things to do not go to plan. Facing insurmountable odds, Cayde-6 ends up paying the ultimate price. Beyond the Vanguard's authority, you'll venture into the Reef alone and take justice into your own hands. Explore new regions, awaken new powers, earn a wealth of new weapons, and uncover lost Awoken secrets. The hunt is on.
- Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew
- Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
- A Brand-New Raid · Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode
- Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers · Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear
- All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow
- New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more
Destiny 2: Forsaken launches on September 4th for PC, PS4 and XBox One.