Over the past weekend, Final Fantasy XIV took its show on the road to Tokyo to share more information about the upcoming Shadowbringers expansion coming this summer. We've got the full 6 minute trailer and the official word on all the weekends revelations. Check it out and let us know what you think!
During the event Key Note, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced numerous new features, including:
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins gunbreaker as one of the new jobs inShadowbringers. This ranged attacker not only unleashes powerful attacks using chakrams, but also performs dances to execute abilities and provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The male-only Hrothgar player race compliments the recently announced female-only Viera as the second new playable race inShadowbringers. The Hrothgar and Viera will also have unique, customisable features specific to their races.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, these two cities will serve as new player hubs and play a key role in the Shadowbringersmain storyline.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid content will feature multiple challenging bosses, as well as a new character designed by KINGDOM HEARTS® Director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarves and the “Sin-eater,” Innocence.
- New Field Area – Lakeland
These features add to the list of exciting previously announced content, including a level cap increase to level 80, an all-new Trust System, a new 24-player alliance raid entitled “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse,” New Game+, and end-game content for crafters and gatherers which sees the Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard.