Borderlands 3 is official now. Four players and a billion guns, lots of mechanical doodads and the graphical look you've become accustomed to in Borderlands games are all present. This also includes faces like Mordecai, Marcus, Tiny Tina, Maya, Lilith and Brick among others.
According to Polygon:
- There’s a buff female Hunter who has the markings of a Siren and can apparently spawn six massive arms, each just as buff as she is. We see her briefly summoning a giant arm later in the trailer, holding an enemy in a containment bubble.
- A younger female Hunter appears standing in front of a mech that she can apparently summon, and that other players can apparently co-pilot. She’s also seen driving in a big ol’ wheel vehicle outfitted with ample firepower.
- An older male Hunter apparently uses a gadget that will let him create a holographic version of himself.
- An android or robot Hunter appears to fight alongside a variety of pets, including a Skag and Spiderant.
Also during the panel, Gearbox announced:
- A brand new remastered edition of the original Borderlands calledBorderlands: Game of the Year Edition will launch on Xbox One, PS4, and PC on April 3.
- A free Ultra HD Texture Pack for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on consoles, as well as Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel andBorderlands 2 on PC, will also launch April 3.
- All Borderlands 2 DLC will be added to Borderlands 2 VR for PlayStation VR for free this summer.
We don't know when Borderlands 3 will be released or what platforms yet, but we'll keep you posted!