Earlier today, Blizzard president J Allen Brack announced via a new YouTube video that the company's upcoming BlizzConline will be free for all to watch online.
Brack also touched on some interesting statistics in World of Warcraft as the team at Blizzard gears up for the newly announced November 23rd release date of Shadowlands.
Some of the more interesting statistics include:
- Players have used the new barber shop over 10 million times
- Over 100 Million characters inhabit World of Warcraft, while 1.5 billion levels have been dinged
- World of Warcraft: Classic players crafted over 6.5 million Greater Frost Protection potions
- Over 9 billion ghosts and wisps in Classic this year
- February 2021 will see the 30th anniversary of Blizzard's founding
Brack also touched on the efforts his team has made to create more inclusive environments in their games, including leveraging AI and machine learning to help validate player reports of offensive behavior and language, originally in Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch, but now expansded to WoW's public channels.
You can check out the full video in the embed above. It's about 8 minutes long, but definitely worth a watch, especially if you're missing BlizzCon right now like many of us are.