World of Warcraft Senior Game Designer Jeremy Feasel and Lead Game Producer Daniel Stahl are on hand for a Battle for Azeroth Island Expeditions Developer Insights video. In it, they provide viewers with the basics of what Island Invasions are and how they will play out in the expansion.
- the goal is to show up and mine Azerite
- Azerite from crystals of all sizes to treasure chests
- fight powerful rare spawns and chieftans
- exploring an uncharted land, not everything will be seen on the map
- nothing is static and the island changes, activities change, etc. It's different every time
- events will occur
- Horde, Alliance and other creatures are all after Azerite at the same time during the expedition
- advanced enemy champion NPCs with more abilities and intricate knowledge how to play the space -- they play like a player can
- Normal, Heroic, Mythic & PvP versions will be available
Check out the video and / or head to the World of Warcraft site to learn more.