Aion's "Awakened Legacy" was recently deployed for both North American and European players. The update essentially reimagines the game to bring "a refreshing and simplified experience for Daevas old and young, promising to create a streamlined and more enjoyable experience" for players. Gameforge has pushed out a new interview with the Korean dev team that covers their philosophy with 6.x and for the future of Aion.
The video features Aion's Chief Content Designer Woo-young Choi who speaks about a number of topics including:
- the overly complicated live service system and how it's been overhauled
- renewed gameplay and rewards to keep the game "fresh and original"
- the new PvP zone called "Lakrum"
- siege battles at level cap are said to be "a new form of battle on new leveling fields"
- physical and magical abilities balance pass
- new armor with "enhanced attribute leveling"
- endgame players will have a new system "Becoming an Empyrean Lord"
- economic reset
Learn more on the Aion site.
Thanks, anonymous tipster!