Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Overview
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is a fantasy MMORPG in the hands of Sony Online Entertainment, who also hold other notable MMORPGs, such as EverQuest, EverQuest II, and DC Universe Online. Vanguard puts players in the fantasy land of Telon, and has all the usual suspects expected of the genre: a vast land to explore, questing, PvE, PvP, RP, dungeons, raids, mounts, crafting, player housing, and more. Vanguard has no zones or instances, making traveling and adventuring much more persistent and believable than other MMORPGs. The game employs a hybrid free-to-play model with optional subscriptions to unlock all of the content.
- Races | Goblin, Half Elf, Kojani, Orc, Raki, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Gnome, Kurashasa, Mordebi, Qalianthari, Varanthari, Dwarf, Halfling, High Elf, Lesser Giant, Thestran, Vulmane, Varanjar.
- Classes | Warrior, Paladin, Dread Knight, Inquisitor, Ranger, Rogue, Monk, Bard, Berserker, Cleric, Shaman, Blood Mage, Disciple, Sorcerer, Psionist, Necromancer, Druid.
- Telon | Comprised of three main continents: Thestra, Kojan, and Qalia, all directly linked by air and sea travel.
- Mounts | A wide variety available, both ground and flying: horses, camels, Shadowhound, Unicorn, griffin, wyvern, and pegasi.
- Crafting | Each continent has its own crafting style, and crafters are not forced to engage in combat to gather crafting materials.
- Harvesting | Mining Metal Ore, Quarrying Stone Slabs and Gemstone Samples, Lumberjacking Wood Timbers, Skinning Leather Hides, and Reaping Cloth Bales.
- Diplomacy | Diplomatic encounters are called ‘parleys’, and are minigames using cards that can reward players with achievements, titles, and special information.