Starbase is a massively multiplayer online game with gameplay focused on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat.
Set in a universe of vast scale and detail, the fully-destructible environment and hybrid voxel/vertex-based game mechanics enable simulations in Starbase at immense depth, giving players the ultimate freedom to exploit their innovativeness and creativity. From constructing spaceships that can endure the hazards of space, such as collision and corrosive damages, to creating massive automated factories and designing electricity and data networks, the players are free to do it their own way.
Starbase is developed with Frozenbyte’s internal game engine that is custom-built for conquering space, enabling the use of extremely challenging combination of voxel and vertex technologies in the game. The modern engine has been built specifically with Starbase in mind and the engine’s architecture is designed to handle all the quirks of simulation, damage, building, player amounts and the ever-growing universe to match the challenges the ambitious vision of the game can pose. Similarly, all features of the game have been developed with the infinite scale and the creative freedom of the players in mind.
Starbase has been in secret development for five years without restraints and the development will continue until the game’s bold vision is achieved. In the ever-expanding space the scale can range from the unit of one bolt to massive space station structures, with exploration missions varying from journeys to nearby asteroid fields, to salvaging ship debris, and eventually to other galaxies.
In Starbase, players are given the freedom to build the kind of universe they want to, and a small group of players can eventually form large factions that challenge the powers that be. Being inventive will also help, as cleverness often triumphs over brute force in Starbase, and the only limitation is the creativity of the players.
- Single Persistent Universe | Play and interact online with thousands of players and start shaping the world with your fellow robots
- Destructible Environment | Environments are fully destructible, made possible by a mixture of voxel and fracture damage. Everthing can be destroyed or disassembled.
- Design and Build | Build your spaceship, stations, and devices down to the tiniest detail. Even the smallest of ships have thousands of parts, making building and designing a truly creative process.
- Spaceship and FPS Combat | Engage in seamless FPS and space combat with thousands of players simultaneously. Fly solo or crew up with others to divide roles.
- Travel, Explore, and Discover | Explore the infinitely expanding universe, and discover stations, asteroid fields, spaceship wrecks, social hubs, and your fellow travelers.
- Player Factions and Economy | Mine raw minerals from asteroids and salvage different parts from broken ships, trade your salvaged goods at trading stations, or steal from others if that floats your (space)boat.
- Anti-Griefing Mechanics | Starting station safe zones safeguard the new player experience. Dynamic safe zones configuarable on player-owned stations. Developer-led faction Empire provided protection and security.