SMITE Team Details Season 6 Changes Including True Cross Play
The SMITE site has a forward look at the 6.1 update that is bringing some big, big changes to the game. Most notably, players on XBox One, Switch and PC can enjoy cross platform gaming. In addition, players will enjoy a single SMITE account that is accessible regardless of what platform they are playing on. The good news is that currency, unlocked gods and skins will also be merged.
Other big things in 6.1 include:
- Role Queue - players will be able to select two roles they'd like to fill in Conquest and the matchmaking system will try to put people into games based on the choices indicated.
- changes are coming to the ranked system with update 6.5, but in the meantime a "soft reset" will be implemented in 6.1
- new formulae are being deployed into Kill Bounty to provide more gold and experience
- the Totem of Ku is being added to Conquest: "For the first 15 minutes of the Match a totem will appear near Solo lane. Players can attack this Totem, and after enough damage is dealt the totem will favor a team. Towers for that team will provide an empowering aura that boosts Movement Speed and Mana regeneration, giving Solo laners a direct way to help and impact their team during the early stages of the game."
- changes to minion spawn time, Gold Fury, Pyromancer and Fire Giant will be arriving in 6.1
- item balance changes will be deployed for Blessings, Relics, Consumables, Magical & Physical items, Class items, masks
- Warrior Gods will be getting tweaked
Read the full notes on the SMITE site.
In the future, more will be revealed about the new God, Merlin, skins and season 6 systems.