Hi-Rez Launches SMITE v6.1 with Crossplay Enabled for XBox One, PC & Switch
SMITE has been updated to v6.1 that brings Merlin into the game as well as the highly-anticipated crossplay feature that allows players to seamlessly play their account on XBox One, Switch or PC. Players simply link accounts from each platform and progression from each will be merged into a single account. Switch players have had issues logging in after linking accounts, but the team is working on a solution.
- Players on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC can now play with and against each other!
- Normal Modes
- Crossplay will be on by default
- A new option has been added to the settings menu where console players can restrict their crossplay
- Ranked game modes
- Will continue to be for their platform only, except the combination of Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- Players may now add friends from other platforms to their friends list, invite them to parties, invite them to clans
Players will also find the new Battle Pass system enabled. Battle Points are earned in Normal or Ranked modes with a variety of awards unlocked with BP. "The Battle Pass can also be purchased, instantly unlocking a skin, increasing the amount of BP earned, and unlocking another series of rewards that be unlocked by earning BP."