Reader Round Table
For many, 2012 is bringing a lot of big reasons to take interest in the MMO genre again. Whether it’s Guild Wars 2 or WoW: Mists of Pandaria or Firefall, the MMO space seems packed with potential.
One of the front runners in the pack is Funcom’s The Secret World. The interest around TSW seems to rise every day and the game has generated a lot of buzz and, for some, equal measures of skepticism.
Things have been pretty quiet the last week or two with regard to The Secret World. The team is busy making finishing tweaks to the game that is now set for release in early July. But that doesn’t mean people aren’t talking about The Secret World.
So for today’s column, I turn the writing over to you, the readers here at MMORPG.com. Let’s discuss The Secret World, gently, of course.
What drives your interest in The Secret World?
- What is it about The Secret World that is so compelling to MMO players, to you, these days?
- What is it that grabs our collective imaginations so tightly?
- What are you most looking forward to in The Secret World?
- Is it the modern setting that drives your interest or something else?
- Templar, Dragon or Illuminati and why?
- Is it the modern day setting that breathes fresh air into the genre?
Conversely, what concerns do you have?
- Does the open skill system seem too open?
- What about flavor of the week builds? Will they happen?
- Combat? Can it be improved over that which has been seen already?
- Dependence on problem solving?
- What about that in-game browser?
- Is TSW too likely to encourage players to work alone?
Leave us your thoughts, your comments. Answer the questions above or some of your own.