Patch 1.1.2 Brings the Skeleton Thrones Event with It
Sea of Thieves has been updated with the v1.1.2 patch that brings the Skeleton Thrones event into the game. This is considered the "first of our regular events". Players will be challenged to find them as they "require a good sense of discovery to find, and for some an even steadier aim to reach". According to the patch notes, there are five small thrones and five large thrones.
Bilge Rats progression, currency and items for sale are also detailed:
- Bilge Rat Progression Screen – Bilge Rats now have their own dedicated progression screen! Chart your progress through the Skeleton Thrones event on this screen, not to mention getting some important clues as to the location of these elusive thrones.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – The Bilge Rats trade in their own currency, they don’t have time for gold or any of that official stuff. Each Commendation in the progress screen details the amount of Bilge Rat Doubloons it unlocks with a total of 100 Doubloons available through the Skeleton Thrones event.
- Bilge Rat Cosmetics – Spend your Bilge Rat Doubloons on exclusive time-limited items too! You have until the 26th of June to purchase the Bone Crusher Hat, Jacket and Dress – priced at 20 Doubloons per item.
- Bilge Rat Trading – If you’re feeling a thirst for a little extra gold in ye’ pocket or fancy some Reputation in any of the three Trading Companies, the Bilge Rats can also pull a few strings and allow you to trade your Doubloons towards a bit of progress. These latter progression items will be a permanent part of the Bilge Rat shop and aren’t time limited, so make your choice wisely!
- Bilge Rat Titles – Completing five of the smaller Skeleton Thrones will unlock a unique Pirate Title, and finding all ten will unlock a unique Pirate Title. These titles will unlock straight into your Vanity Chest for maximum bragging rights.
Other things included in today's patch include more support for color blind players, drum / speaking trumpet customization, the addition of a rainbow flag and a number of performance improvements.
Read the full patch notes on the Sea of Thieves site.