PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Test Server Update Brings Weapon Mastery to Players
With today's latest Test Server update, PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds players can check out the Weapon Mastery System. This new addition allows players to "check gun stats and earn rewards as they "level up their gunplay skills". Each weapon features 100 levels for players to achieve. Rewards include weapon accessories called Charms, Medals, and Tier Emblems.
How to earn Weapon XP
- Weapon XP for is earned when one or more of the following elements is satisfied during a match.
- Defeats is a new term used for tracking actions that includes knockdowns, killing the last member of a team and killing solo players.
- You can acquire extra weapon XP based on distance of defeats.
- When earning Weapon XP, the amount received will increase based on how long you survived.
- Defeats follow the existing judgment rules for DBNO/Kills currently used in the game.
- Additional information:
- Weapon Mastery does not count friendly fire/team damage.
- Weapon Mastery does not count downs caused by road kills or environmental factors (blue zone, red zone, fall damage, or drowning).
- Weapon Mastery does not count throwables or melee damage.
- There is a maximum limit on each weapon that can be getting weapon XP.
Today's update also includes:
- Erangel loot rebalance part 2
- Erangel Blue Zone rebalance test
- SR damage multiplier changes
- Sound improvements
- Smoke Grenade update
- Vehicle Effects improved
- Open/Close Door Animations improved
- tweaks to Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card
- UI tweaks in Store and Team
- performance improvements
- Replay System tweaks
- bug fixes
Check out the full update notes on the PlayerUknown's Battlegrounds Steam page.