Pirates of the Burning Sea Overview
Pirates of the Burning Sea is an MMORPG from Portalus Games in which players captain their own ship as a pirate, adventurer (a sort of privateer/merchant hybrid) or naval officer, with avatars being highly customizable. The game focuses on real time PvE and PvP combat, with players controlling their ships' heading, speed, special abilities and attacks. In addition to impromptu encounters, it is also possible to conquer enemy ports and take on missions, some of which follow an ongoing story as your character develops. The game is free-to-play with premium content and optional subscriptions available.
- Three Nations | Start your adventure as a representative of England, France, or Spain, or choose to be a pirate instead.
- Five Careers | Choose from the five careers of Naval Officer, Privateer, Freetrader, Buccaneer, and Cutthroat.
- Ship Combat | Take to the high seas with one of 150+ historical ships and participate in tactical ship combat.
- Swashbuckling | Engage in land combat with the four styles of Fencing, Florentine, Dirty Fighting, and Brawling.
- Port Control | Fight for control of over 80 Caribbean ports.
- Elections and Economy | Get elected as Port Governor or participate in the game's player-driven economy.
- Custom Flags and Sails | Create your own flags and sail patterns in Pirates of the Burning Sea.