Pagan Online Devs Lay Out the Road to Release with Big New Features Included
The Pagan Online team has posted a lengthy note on the game's Steam page to provide information to the community about what is in the works heading towards full retail release. "We know how Pagan Online should change in order to best transition from Early Access to release," the post reads. That includes responding to community feedback by tweaking existing systems and including brand new features over the course of the coming months.
Developers feel as if the gameplay is solid and have heard from the community that it likes "combat mechanics, the heroes, the original story, and the visual style," but that there are features that need work, or simply to be added.
Here's some of what's in store going forward:
- a Legendary Items system
- drop balancing to make items meaningful
- a new crafting system with more meaningful and impactful recipes
- a retooled skill tree - "Customize and elevate your style of play by improving, modifying, or unlocking completely new abilities."
- an improved stat system
- Schools of Magic
- try and test every hero before playing and "investing" in them
- expeditions, hunts and threats at endgame as well as new epic/legendary recipes, upgrading legendary weapons
- a complete 8-act story
- new missions and assassinations
- full controller support
- click-to-move control system
- two new playable heroes
All of the changes above are currently on track to be deployed by the end of summer in "three BFPs (big f**cking patches)". The third patch will mark the move from early access to full release.
Check out the full post on the Pagan Online site.