Otherland is an upcoming free-to-play MMORPG currently in development by Real U, and set to be published by Gamigo. Based on the popular multiverse set forth in the Otherland book series by Tad Williams, the game will mesh medieval fantasy, sci fi, and cyberpunk virtual worlds into a personal playing experience unmatched in the books. Otherland is promising to have equal parts socializing and combat, and to eliminate the mindless grind so prevalent in today’s MMORPGs. Major focus will be on Otherland’s wondrous lore already in place, allowing players to fully take part in, and even make contributions to, the continuation of the story. Stay tuned for more details as the release date approaches!
- Otherland | The game is based on the virtual reality novels that were seemingly tailor-written to be made into a MMORPG.
- Stunning F2P Graphics | Otherland is built with the Unreal 3 Engine to give it the high-tech ambiance it requires.
- Thriving Social Aspects | Players start with generic avatars, and may then customize their look with a choice of hundreds of cosmetic and functional options.
- Engaging Combat | Non-linear combat, where attacks are based on player skill versus a mathematical algorithm.
- MyLand | Instanced zones particular to and hand-crafted by each character, where PvE, PvP, and guild warfare may also be had.