So, um, a new patch for Wurm Online, will let you know when you’re inbreeding creatures. Yeah so that’s a thing. Here are the patch details.
The patch notes point to several new additions, plus changes, and bug fixes for the free to play sandbox MMO. New additions include informing you if you’re inbreeding characters when you’re above level 30.
You can also drag and drop equipment on animals, in addition inspecting animals through fences. New titles have been added for Soul Strength, in addition to a new title for 100 skill in Natural Substances and Two Handed Swords. Also added were icons for hay.
The patch notes also include several bug fixes including:
- Bugfix: Pet Bowls can now be improved
- Bugfix: Pet Bowls no longer stack into a pile when on the ground
- Bugfix: Saddled animals will properly return to their original position after eating from a container
- Bugfix: Corrections made to ensure animals in general return to the original position after eating.
- Bugfix: Animals will no longer eat out of a locked hitching post if not hitched to it.
- Bugfix: Renaming items on ground will now instantly show the new name
- Bugfix: Prevent hitching post hell horses getting angry when eating from the ground.
- Bugfix: Swimming sound will no longer continue to be heard after you embark on a boat if you've been swimming.
- Bugfix: You will now hear a drum roll for the moment of inspiration when finding a rare coin.
- Bugfix: Characters will now leave the world correctly after logging out.
- Bugfix: Sickle use timer will now consider, rarity, skill, ql, runes and enchants.
- Bugfix: Fixed parent names being swapped in inspect animal window
- Bugfix: Increased the default window size for the Inspect Animal window.
- Bugfix: Fixed in-game Wurmpedia processes using up a lot of memory, even after closing the game. The JCEF process should close properly once the game client is closed.
You can check out the full patch notes here. These changes and additions to Wurm Online’s animals system continues progress made last month in their major animal update. An update earlier this year brought about changes to the combat after undergoing testing.