Pet battle changes are on the horizon for World of Warcraft’s Shadowlands alpha.
As indicated by Wowhead, several of these changes Blizzard had previously shared a thread which appears to be now deleted in which they discussed abilities they’re aiming to look at. These abilities included:
- Black Claw and similar abilities that increase damage taken by a flat amount.
- Hunting Party and similar abilities such as Flock.
- The Shattered Defenses debuff effect from abilities such as Hunting Party or Flock.
- Any large percent-damage-taken or percent-damage-dealt buffs or debuffs.
- Twilight Meteorite and similar long-cooldown damage-splitting abilities.
- The Jar of Smelly Liquid ability.
- Hermit Crab.
The deleted post noted that the team wanted to provide “ample warning” of these changes before they arrived. As to when exactly they’d arrive, the team didn’t have any specifics to share. The goal of the changes is to make certain pets less effective, in addition to making certain strategies less effective as well.
In case you missed it, Blizzard is requesting feedback on Torghast. Specifically, they want to know if it feels too rushed, if you weren’t able to defeat a level directly due to Torments, and more. You can read up on their request for feedback here.