As posted over on MMO Champion, an afterlife-themed cinematic features ghost ships may be headed to WoW. Be warned, potential spoilers lie below.
Some key points in the leak include:
- In the raid, Horde and Alliance players fight alongside important lore characters and leaders from both factions.
- Sylvanas has already taken Stormwind at this point. The raid is about defeating Sylvanas and reclaiming Stormwind.
- The first boss is a sort of caravan-escort scenario. An azerite-powered battering ram made by goblins & gnomes will start at Goldshire and travel slowly towards the gates of Stormwind. Waves of adds will attack the ram in an attempt to destroy it.
- The second boss is Old God aligned and has enslaved city guards and other famous Stormwind NPCs (such as Topper McNabb).
- Another notable boss is Anduin. Halfway through the raid, he will succumb to the whispers of N'Zoth. We must fight him until he returns to his former self. Wrathion makes a special appearance during this fight. N'Zoth is trying very hard to keep us from reaching Sylvanas.
- The 8th boss is Nathanos. This encounter takes place in Cathedral Square. Tyrande decapitates him at the end of the fight.
- The encounter has been designed to have your faction's leaders die one by one as the opposing faction's health ticks down. The players will all die as well (like the Arthas fight), with Anduin and Sylvanas being the last ones standing.
- A cinematic will play once the encounter is over. Anduin will end up killing Sylvanas or vice versa (depending on your faction), only to die of his/her wounds. Ultimately, everyone will be dead, and the harbor will be silent. Characters will then wake up in the Shadowlands, and a ghostly fleet of Helya's ships awaits us in the death version of Stormwind Harbor. With Nathanos by her side, Sylvanas declares that we're now strong enough to face the true battle for Azeroth.
Check out the full post here.