Raid and Dungeon tuning hit World of Warcraft in today’s scheduled maintenance. The tweaks are meant to tune some encounters to make them less difficulty overall, and is based on player feedback.
The most extensive changes were for the Castle Nathria Raid, but tuning was also done for the Sanguine Depths dungeon. In both cases players will see decreases in the damage they take in certain situations, as well as a reduced health pools for bosses in others. Below is a short list of changes from the original community manager post:
- Lady Inerva Darkvein
- Healers are now chosen as a last resort target of Shared Suffering and Concentrate Anima on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
- The ambient damage of Loose Anima for open containers has been reduced on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
- Targets of Shared Suffering no longer take damage from the beams they are wearing on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties. Passing through the opposite edge will continue to damage targeted players.
- Hungering Destroyer
- Health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
- Reduced the damage players wearing Gluttonous Miasma take by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- The damage increase of Essence Sap has been reduced by 20% per stack.
- Expunge now shows up in the combat log when it is applied to players.
- Volatile Ejection now shows up as a debuff when a player is targeted with this spell.
- Sun King’s Salvation
- Increased the amount of healing Essence Overflow heals Kael’thas to 2.5% of his maximum health on all difficulties (was 2%). The tooltip will be updated to reflect the change in a future hotfix or patch.
- Increased the healing done bonus from Sinfall Boon to 100% per application on Mythic difficulty (was 50%).
- Reduced the strength of the Cloak of Flames damage shield on Shade of Kael’thas by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Wicked Oppressor’s Wrack Soul cast time increased to 2 seconds (was 1.5 seconds) and is cast less frequently.
- Regal Mistdancer’s Echoing Thrust damage reduced by 20% and is cast less frequently.
- General Kaal’s health reduced by 10% during the gauntlet event.