The World of Warcraft team has announced that the Classic demo play time has been extended and players can check it out through Monday, November 12th. In addition, the playtime limits have been removed (earlier this week). You will have either had to have been a BlizzCon attendee or to have purchased a Virtual Ticket in order to participate.
What to expect:
- as close to WoW as it existed in 2005-2006 and the demo will be "a clear reflection of that"
- outdoor questing is the focus: Barrens for the Horde & Westfall for the Alliance including the search for Mankrik's wife
- no dungeons will be included
- the only PvP will be via dueling
- online play will have a limited amount of log in time before players are removed from the game to let others play, though the restriction could be lifted later. Players will be able to log in and continue after a time
- demo begins with players at level 15
- modern code base
- Battle.net chat integration
- download and play the demo through the launcher
- improved support for widescreen
- right-click player reporting
- cheats, bots and other exploitive behavior will be monitored
- 32-bit support will not be included
- colorblind mode is included
- classic icons have been added and "heirloom" has been removed from verbiage
Have you been playing? Leave us your thoughts and impressions in the comments.