A new update for The Waylanders has arrived, bringing with it several bug fixes and new features like photo mode.
This is actually the second of three winter updates. There’s an all-new photo mode included allowing you to adjust focus, aperture, and various other controls to get your perfect snapshot. A host of bug fixes are also included. In fact, you may recall that these improvements were alluded to in a previous community update which promised fixes and updates based on community feedback.
The update also brings background videos for each of the characters’ origins. Speaking in a press release, Gato Salvaje Studio Creative Director, Serio Prieto, provided the following statement,
“The Waylanders has been heavily influenced by many of the best RPGs we’ve played over the last few decades. Part of creating a character shouldn’t just be what they look like, but also where they’re from and how they tie into the story you’re about to jump into. Assuming your character hasn’t just sprung into existence, they should feel as if they’re part of the world. These new origins give our community deeper insight into not only the world we’re building, but also how history weaves together with myth in The Waylanders.”
You can check out all the character videos here:
- Watch the Alpha Wolf Origin: https://youtu.be/A5tYVfA-fb4
- Watch the Celtic Soldier Origin: https://youtu.be/Is5a4BffueU
- Watch the Celtic Druid Origin: https://youtu.be/khQAixGyWt8
- Watch the Dog of Ares Origin: https://youtu.be/2UUXhgOCZeE
- Watch the Egyptian Origin: https://youtu.be/khmHYduGdQs
- Watch the Mourian Diplomat Origin: https://youtu.be/KcBbgSALX-w
- Watch the Mourian Protector Origin: https://youtu.be/XN1oFNNG4yk
- Watch the Semi-Fomorian Origin: https://youtu.be/5oDcqt-rCKk