Google is starting off a big week for gaming news with today's Stadia Connect event where we will finally learn some new details about the upcoming cloud-based gaming service. The event begins at 9:00 am Pacific / 12:00 pm Eastern and we've got it right here at MMORPG.com in a dedicated discussion thread so be sure to come by, have a listen and offer your thoughts in the comments.
Some of the expected announcements include pricing, included games, and other launch details. Stadia is projected to launch by year's end in the US, UK, Canada and a good portion of the EU.
Stadia is Google's cloud-based gaming service, something a lot of folks have called the "Netflix of gaming". As most know, Netflix is a subscription streaming service for television programs and movies. Should Stadia adopt a similar model, it may include "tiers" with different monthly subscription options and/or outright purchase pricing for individual games.
- "Game where you want, when you want - Play across multiple devices including laptops, desktops, and select phones and tablets"
- "New ways to play through YouTube and beyond. Go from watching a video to playing a game in seconds, with even more innovative experiences to come for select games."
- "Up to 4K HDR at 60 FPS. Enjoy gaming the way you love with beautiful HDR graphics and smooth framerates."
- "Play instantly. No updates, no downloads. Jump right into the game."
- "Always getting better. Stadia's cloud-based infrastructure evolves to meet the demands of players, developers, and YouTube creators."
We're looking forward to hearing more! Join us!