Patch 1.4.1 for Wasteland 3 is here and brings balance changes for Steeltown and the base game. Several gameplay improvements are included as well, in addition to multiplayer adjustments.
Wasteland 3 is the squad-based RPG with turn-based combat released last year. Since its release, it’s received several updates and content drops. If you’re new to the title, be sure to check out our tips for starting out. The most recent content update was The Battle of Steeltown which released June 3.
This patch, patch 1.4.1, specifically touches on Steeltown and includes a balance pass which brings several adjustments. Among them, non-lethal playthroughs were highlighted in that they ended up being more challenging than the team intended. To that end, the patch brings the following changes:
- Disruption Baton hit chance increased to 85%.
- Disruption Pulser’s mag size increased to 10 and its hit chance to 80%.
- Disruption Web Launchers hit chance increased to 95%.
- Disruption Trap’s AP cost reduced to 4.
- Heavy Disruption Blaster had its AP cost reduced to 5 but its reload cost increased to 4.
- Disruption Sniper AP cost reduced to 6.
Some gameplay adjustments for Steeltown were also made. For example:
- The Patriarch now properly acknowledges all possible Steeltown outcomes, which is good because dealing with the Patriarch is not an insignificant part of the game.
- Addressed an issue where loading a save during a cutscene could cause the game to display the cutscene bars for the remainder of that session. Imagine just waiting for that loooong cutscene to end. Something’s going to happen at any moment… Nope.
- Skipping the conversation with the Computation Engine could cause some weird bugs. Were they bugs though or did the Computation Engine just not appreciate being skipped?
The patch also brings changes to UI, audio, display, and more. Apart from this, adjustments to the base game were also included in this patch. You can read the full patch notes here.