War of the Spark Chronicles Introduces the Lore of Magic: The Gathering Arena
From May 23rd through June 28th, Magic: The Gathering Arena players will be able to take part in weekly events as part of the War of the Spark Chronicles. The event is designed to introduce players to key moments in the Magic: The Gathering lore with each week featuring a different play format. Winning matches will see players "unlock beautiful, exclusive stained-glas card" versions of Plainswalkers from War of the Spark.
- Week 1 - May 23-31 - Event Name: Part I: Ravnica at War
- Format: Momir (Momir is a format that makes use of the “Momir” avatar which allows you to pay X and discard a card to make a random creature with the converted mana cost of X, but only as a sorcery and only once each turn). Momir is also a special 96-card deck that includes 1 of each Planeswalker from War of the Spark.
- Week 2 - May 31-June 7 - Event Name: Part II: No escape
- Format: Pauper (Pauper is a format in which all cards used must have been printed at the common rarity in a Magic set or product. Other than that, the usual rules for constructed decks apply)
- Week 3 - June 7-June 14 - Event Name: Part III: Storm the Citadel
- Format: Singleton (Singleton, also known as highlander, is a constructed variant where each deck is restricted to only one copy of a given card, sans basic land)
- Week 4 - June 14-June 21 - Event Name: Part IV: Commence the Endgame
- Format: Counters (Counters (includes an emblem that puts an extra +1/+1 counter on anything with one on it already, an extra loyalty counter on Planeswalkers, and Amass 1)
- Week 5 - June 21-June 28 - Event Name: Part V: Gideon’s Sacrifice
- Format: Ravnica Block (Play done via Ravnica block of cards)
Learn more on the Magic: The Gathering Arena site.