Good news, macOS users! If you've been waiting to play Vendetta Online on your new shiny M1-powered Mac, now you can.
The latest patch, Patch 1.8.541, is all about enhanced Mac support:
- Mac version now supports Apple ARM processors natively, such as the M1.
- Added new "Vulkan (Metal)" video driver for recent MacOS versions, using "MoltenVK" Vulkan-on-Metal API.
The patch also brings support for Vulkan and Metal, while bringing performance improvements for OpenGL 4.
- Vulkan + Metal driver supports "full screen window mode" on Mac, for ease of switching desktop "spaces".
- Major performance improvements for OpenGL 4 driver on ARM-based Apple M1 devices.
- Improved installation compatibility of Mac version with recent versions of MacOS.
The rest of the patch notes discuss how the team now has a Metal-native renderer which no doubt is the reason for this enhanced Mac support. You can check out the full patch notes here.