Riot has released patch notes for Valorant’s 1.14 which sees an overhaul for the Icebox map.
Icebox is the newest map for the competitive shooter, focused primarily on verticality. That verticality is exactly what Riot has focused on for this overhaul with the aim of simplifying A site and reducing some (not all) of the verticality at various point around the map.
You’ll notice a change on A site where a new ramp exists instead of an upper platform, in addition to some other A site changes. Elsewhere, a shipping container’s height was reduced. A new limited time snowball fight mode will go live on December 15 and run through December 29. If you play a match, you’ll receive a themed Gun Buddy. Here are the select Snowball fight notes:
- 5v5: Team Deathmatch
- The first team to 50 kills wins
- Respawns are enabled, so get back in there
- The snowball launcher is your weapon of choice
- Killjoy has rigged a custom version of Brimstone’s molotov launcher
- Projectile based snowballs have travel time and an arc (make sure to lead that shot!)
- Infinite snowballs—don’t stop shooting!
- Gift types
- Rapid Fire: fire even faster
- Growball: grows over time while traveling in the air
- Ricochet: for all those snowball trick shots off the ground and walls
- Skates: skate around quickly and in style. Jump higher!
- Week 1: Check out the festivities on the newly updated holiday version of Icebox (Snowball Fight only!)
- Week 2: Snowball Fight can be played on all current maps
You can check out the rest of the notes here which also touch on Sage’s Barrier Orb, and more additions to observer tools.