The most recent patch for Valorant, Patch 1.09, finally nerfs the pesky Operator.
Riot explained their changes to the Operator, potentially in an attempt to pre-empt player comments. They stated that the Operator does indeed play an “important role” in the game, forcing teams to think tactically when faced against it. However, dry peeking angles were way more effective than anticipated. To that end, here are the changes coming to the Operator:
- Increased price from 4500 >>> 5000
- Decreased scoped movement speed from 76% >>> 72%
- Adjusted weapon deadzone from becoming inaccurate at 30% movement speed >>> 15% (become inaccurate sooner, become accurate later when stopping)
- Firing rate reduced from .75 >>> .6
- Instant equip time adjusted from 0.3 >>> 0.5 (instant equip plays after tapping orb, bomb defuse/plant tap, Jett Cloud Burst, and Phoenix Curveball)
- Leg shot damage decreased from 127 >>> 120
Several agents are seeing updates as well. Omen’s Paranoia will see better VFX. Jett’s Blade Storm is seeing some tweaks as well to time between consecutive burst fire, daggers, and headshot multiplier. Reyna’s Empress and Brimstone’s Stime Beacon received some minor adjustments as well. Viper is continuing to be tweaked to increase her flexibility:
- Viper now starts the round at 100 fuel (previously 50)
- Vulnerable debuff applied from Snake Bite now lingers for 2 seconds after leaving Viper’s acid
- Move speed doubled while casting
- Viper now fast equips her weapon after casting, re-equip times vary per gun—but on average will reduce her weapon down time by .4 seconds
You can read the full patch notes here.