Server issues appear to be plaguing Lord of the Rings Online today as Update 28.1 releases.
UPDATE: The team have issued two new Tweets. The first states that all worlds except Gwaihir have reopened. The second states that duo mode for Shakalush, the Stair Battle, is unavailble. The team will reopen this version of the new 6-person instance soon. The solo and 6-player versions of this instance are still available.
Original story below
Earlier today, maintenance took place to bring the servers down as Update 28.1 was released. Update 28.1 contains several items for War of Three Peaks including some fixes. For example, here’s a non-exhaustive list:
- Tier 4 of Amdân Dammul, the Bloody Threshold and Shakalush, the Stair Battle will become available on November 5, 2020 at 3:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
- Shakalush, the Stair Battle - Monster Stats have been adjusted to tune the difficulty.
- Tûr Ágal - If you are defeated in the War of Three Peaks version of Tûr Ágal, you will no longer respawn at an Elderslade defeat circle.
- Bagûd-mekhem - Removed a superfluous spawn location for Narg-and-Mauz.
- Annâk-khurfu - Adventurer's and Traveller's Quartermasters have been added to the main chamber of Annâk-khurfu.
However, the patch was followed by continued issues with servers. For example, the official account tweeted that worlds remained unavailable. Soon after, all worlds came back online, except Brandywine. Finally, Brandywine reopened, but this was followed by Anor becoming unavailable and going through a restart. Finally, the most recent update states,
” The LOTRO game worlds will be brought down for a restart at 2:30 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to address log in and general server health. We will keep you updated. #LOTRO”
Recently, market woes had plagued War of Three peaks. You can read all about that here.