Upcoming RTS Stronghold: Warlords is set to receive six new castle economy features as outlined in a new press release.
The upcoming RTS developed by Firefly Studios is the latest historical real-time strategy game in their classic ‘castle sim’ series. It will receive new sim elements including,
- Boost troop morale with opera houses and martial arts performances
- Strike fear in the hearts of peasants and boost productivity with torture devices!
- Connect roads to streamline certain industries and resource chains
- Build temples and boost the Spirit of your populous
- Get friendly warlords to boost your industry with their own mini-economies
- House your peasants in luxury accommodation to keep them happy
“Self-publishing means we can give the sim side extra time, meaning the return of classic features like torture and fresh game modes,” said Simon Bradbury, Designer and Founder of Firefly Studios. “It’s nice having that freedom to iterate on the daily life aspects of what it was like to live in a castle, with proper systems-driven gameplay and detail.”
Stronghold: Warlords is set to release on Steam in 2020.
About Stronghold: Warlords
The latest 'castle sim' RTS from Firefly Studios, Stronghold: Warlords allows you to recruit, upgrade and command AI warlords across the battlefield. Each warlord under your command boosts your strategic prowess with their own unique perks, characteristics and upgradeable abilities. Use them to boost your industry, fortify defences or team up for a pincer attack! Each campaign mission, skirmish game, and multiplayer battle means a fresh set of warlords to command and new strategic depth. Stronghold: Warlords is Firefly's first game to recreate the castle economies of the Far East, allowing you to command Mongol hordes, imperial warriors and samurai clansmen as you lay siege to Japanese castles and fortified Chinese cities. Besiege historical warlords using new gunpowder-fuelled siege weapons and a completely new way to play Stronghold.