The game formerly known as Nightmarchers has been rebranded "Ashes of Oahu" after working with native Hawaiians to ensure a "faithful, but respectful Hawaiian experience". The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Hawaii where gameplay is inspired by "the unique stories, traditions and beliefs" of the Islands. Players will work (or against) four different factions with choices that have impact on any one of the game's 100+ endings.
Ashes of Oahu will be launching in spring 2019 with a reworked art style that incorporates 3D comic book elements. Character models have also been reworked along with back end improvements for more stability and optimization.
Some of the new and updated features of Ashes of Oahu include:
- Four distinct factions to work for...or against!
- Over 75,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
Learn more on the Ashes of Oahu site.