If you're looking for a free-to-play strategy MMO, then we have good news for you: Space Wars - Interstellar Empires has launched into Steam Early Access. Players can control 250 different ships, command a diverse crew and take part in up to 40-player skirmishes.
Fight alongside your faction to claim every system in the galaxy, one planet at a time. Work with allies to forge new friendships and clans, or go rogue and discover worlds on your own. Either path will lead to tense battles for enemy space … or to defend your own. Once an invading force conquers a region, that faction’s map is updated to include the area. Each race must take the war to their enemies and overpower other species to win total control of the universe. FEATURES
- Explore a massive intergalactic map made up of multiple regions.
- Enjoy stunning high-quality graphics with intricately-detailed and distinct ships.
- Currently Playable Factions: Sol Imperial Worlds and Genari United Empires
- Choose from more than 100+ spaceships.
- Participate in a universe where hundreds of battles may be going on at once
- Manage the captain and crew of your ships with dedicated skill trees.
- Strategize your moves in turn-based combat and revel in immersive tactical mechanics
Check out the Space Wars: Interstellar Empires Steam page for more. Be sure, too, to read our preview to learn more about the game from a hands-on perspective.