Errant Pilgrim, the latest free update for The Long Dark, is now available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One.
New features include,
- NEW REGION: Bleak Inlet
- A wind-swept coastline reveals an abandoned industrial facility -- an aging Cannery that holds some useful secrets. But finding your way to it is a two-stage affair, involving accessing the region from both the Raven Falls ravine, and Forlorn Muskeg. But watch out! Vicious Timberwolf packs have moved into this region, and will defend their territory to the death.
- NEW CHALLENGE: As the Dead Sleep
- You’re a tortured soul on the edge of death. Find five grave markers in the distant corners of the world, and maybe you can feel some peace before you fade into The Long Dark. Inspired by the community-conceived “Deadman” challenge, this is our harshest Challenge yet.
- NEW GAMEPLAY: Ammunition Workbench
- Look for the Ammo Crafting Workbench. With the right supplies, you can assemble your own ammunition for the Rifle or Revolver. But assembling the gear you need, and finding the bench, won’t be easy.
- NEW ITEMS: Gunpowder & Ammunition Components
- We’ve added all the raw materials you need to craft ammunition. If you manage to gather them all, and find an Ammunition Bench, you’ll be significantly enhancing your life expectancy on Great Bear.
- General Fixes & More
- On top of the above, this update includes several minutes of new Survival Mode exploration music, performance improvements across the game, and dozens of bug fixes. We've also included player requested Quality of Life changes like being able to break down Campfire rings along with new Feats and more
Check out the full patch here.