Destiny players have a lot to look forward to with today's release of the first expansion, The Dark Below. The expansion features key improvements including a level cap increase, new story missions, new weapons and equipment and much more.
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below features the following:
- o New Loot - Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including new Legendary and Exotic items.
- o Level Increase - Raise your Light Level to 32
- o New Story Missions and Quests - Journey through new Hive-themed story missions and quests where you are tasked with stopping the resurrection of an ancient god, Crota
- o New cooperative Strike - The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- o New six-player Raid - Assemble your six-player Fireteam to attempt Crota's End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth with all-new gameplay mechanics and enemy bosses
- o New competitive multiplayer arenas:
- Pantheon - Set in an ancient Vex temple inside the Black Garden that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock - An old interplanetary defense array that offers engagements for both vehicle and infantry
- The Cauldron - An abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- o New EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow - Players that purchase and redeem the Destiny Expansion Pass or Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below by January 15, 2015 will receive the EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow, enabling its riders to drive fast, take flight, and perform a set of mid-air tricks
- o PlayStation Exclusive Content* - PlayStation® players will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and exclusive exotic weapon, The 4th Horseman shotgun
Find out more on the Destiny site.