The latest patch for Destiny has been deployed. Among the usual bug fixes and feature enhancement comes the welcome news that voice chat amongst teammates is now part of the game. Players placed on teams via matchmaking will be able to join a specific voice enabled channel designed specifically for their team.
This large patch also resolved several exploits in Missions - Strikes - Heroics as well as some significant updates to the PvP system.
- Enabled revive scoring for Skirmish and Salvage
- Fixed an exploit with revive scoring when entering a kill volume and having a teammate revive you for easy points
- Adjusted Join in-Progress settings for all playlists to minimize long periods of unbalanced teams due to players quitting out of matches.
- Added new functionality to match pre-formed fireteams against each other
- This will slowly roll out to all playlists over time, but will start with the 3v3 playlists
- In 3v3 games, Fireteams of 2 or more players will match together more frequently
- In 6v6 games, Fireteams of 4 or more players will match together more frequently
Read the full patch notes on the Destiny update page on the Bungie site.