It's hard to believe, but it has been a full year since the Ashes of Creation KickStarter campaign, and what a year it's been. In a new letter sent out to the Ashes community, the team celebrates growth and reports that the project is proceeding on schedule and "making remarkable progress".
Here are some of the milestones over the last year:
- The team has grown from 12 to 75.
- Ashes was brought to PAX West, GDC and PAX East
- Alpha Zero began testing in December 2017
- A launcher and downloader have been implemented
- Over 100 players logged into a single zone with 4,000 NPCs
- Players could progress to level 10
- An early iteration of the node system is up and working
- Server performance has been good
- Alpha 1 launch is slated for Q4 2018
You can check out last Friday's live stream below and then head off to the Ashes of Creation site to learn more.