When asked whether or not the combat team was happy with the status quo of the Mercenary class, they replied,
“Overall, we’re okay with how Mercenaries currently stack up against the competition – though the Arsenal discipline is probably a little bit too good when it comes to survivability, and the Bodyguard discipline could probably use some minor improvements. Innovative Ordnance appears to be sitting in a well-balanced spot at the moment, but we look forward to hearing your feedback regarding all aspects of the Mercenary class.”
It appears a few tactical items will be introduced to the Mercenary class as well. The combat team intends for everyone to have access to at least one tactical which changes their current playstyle a bit. They went on to discuss additional tacticals which will be available:
- Cool Your Jets – Rocket Out vents 20 heat and roots enemies around you as you leave.
- Hot Shot – Fusion Missile spreads Heat Signature. Heatseeker Missiles fire additional missiles to nearby targets affected by Heat Signature.
- Magnetic Trigger – Explosive Dart now remains dormant on the target. Mag Shot detonates it, dealing double its standard damage.
- Supercharge Burst – Supercharge Gas now generates a large AOE heal on activation.
- Technical Medic – Chaff Flare heals all allies around you. Onboard AED becomes instant-cast.,
- Kolto Counter – When Kolto Overload Health Monitor is triggered for the first time from being attacked, it does significant damage to the enemy
- Power Step – Power Shot, Tracer Missile and Rapid Scan grant a stack of Power Step, stacking up to 5 times. At 5 stacks, your next Power Shot, Tracer Missile or Rapid Scan is more effective and costs no Heat.
You can read the full interview over at MMObits linked above.